Swinburne University of Technology
A unique opporutnity has arisen for a highly organized and enthusiastic professional to join our Teaching & Learning team within Swinburne College. As the Team Leader, Executive and Program Support, you will primarily provide executive support to the General Manager & Dean, whilst overseeing the Teaching & Learning Admin Support team and coordinating a wide range of key functions, including:
- executive administration tasks and coordination of team administrative functions in support of College program areas;
- supporting the casual teacher onboarding process;
- continuous process improvement and liaising with staff across Swinburne College.
The role also serves as a Secretariat to the Swinburne College Board.
About Swinburne College
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
In 2020 Swinburne established a joint venture partnership with private education provider, UP Education (UP) to form Swinburne College which delivers foundation and pathway programs for international and domestic students. These programs (Foundation Year, UniLink diplomas and ELICOS), assist students to reach the entry requirements for a university degree, transition from post-secondary to higher education or improve English language skills.
To be suitable for the role you will have demonstrable skills and experience in:
- high level organisational and time management skills including the ability to plan ahead, ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and display thoroughness, attention to detail, and with the ability to follow tasks through to completion;
- the provision of high quality administrative and support services within a demanding, client focused Education (or similar) environment;
- the ability to be flexible and responsive to client needs and a commitment to continuous improvement
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on [email protected]
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at [email protected] For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at [email protected]
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 23 June 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)
To apply for this job please visit swinjobs.nga.net.au.