Sparke Helmore Lawyers is a truly integrated national firm that looks to the future. Established in 1882, we have over 900 people flexibly working from nine offices across Australia. We offer the security and history of a long-established firm with the excitement and opportunity for growth. We operate in a way that puts our clients and our people at the heart of everything we do – we’re proud to be described as being down to earth, practical and easy to deal with.
Our firm values and celebrates diversity. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce to better represent the communities in which we live and work. Our culture provides the foundations of a welcoming and inclusive environment, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to join us – and bring their whole selves to work. We’re proud to be recognised two years running as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by WGEA. We also participated in the Diversity Council of Australia’s biennial [email protected] YourWork Index in August 2019 and off the back of our strong performance across the six key areas (Awareness, Engagement, Inclusive Organisational Climate, Inclusive Leadership, Inclusive Team and Exclusion) were recognised as an Inclusive Employer.
Applications are now open for our Graduate positionsand this year it willlook a little bit different. Historically we have recruited Graduates to participate in a rotational program commencing in February of the following year. We figure ‘It’s good to be different’ so in running with that theme we will be recruiting graduates who are passionate and committed to a career in one of our specific practice groups.
We will be offering Graduate positions in the following practice groups:
- Commercial Insurance
- Corporate & Commercial
Working at Sparke Helmore provides a range of unique offerings for all employees. Every day our graduates are presented with countless opportunities to expand their knowledge, with access to:
- Market-leading expertise – we are a full service national law firm who work with a loyal and exceptional client base. You will be involved in matters that will engage you, challenge you and give you unparallel opportunity to grow and deepen your expertise.
- Real legal work – from your first day, you will have the opportunity to get involved in legal work that contributes to the firm and its clients.
- Training and development – a combination of formal and on-the-job training that covers technical and soft skills.
- Mentoring and networking – we have a proud reputation for mentoring and facilitating relationship building across the firm in a way that fosters personal and career development, networking and the sharing of knowledge, experience and learning.
- Opportunities to give back – through our Pro Bono and Community Programs.
At Sparke Helmore our people are our most valuable asset so we make sure we look after them! The trust we place in our graduate lawyers will ensure that you won’t get stuck doing repetitive tasks. You’ll be an integral part of our team with high levels of responsibility and have genuine opportunities for career growth and development.
What do we look for in our graduates?
At Sparkes we recruit for ‘the future’ and look for people who have the potential to progress through the Firm; intelligent, personable, committed graduates who are energetic and can demonstrate their leadership qualities.
Sparke Helmore graduates are:
- “All-rounders” who engaged in extra-curricular pursuits as well as their studies (our graduates have often excelled at mooting, debating, team sports or student politics in addition to their studies)
- Team players
- Clear and concise writers
- Confident and articulate communicators
- Experienced in any of the following; summer clerkships, casual paralegal positions, voluntary legal aid experience and tipstaffing
We recognise people value things differently. That’s why our comprehensive benefits program is wide ranging so that everyone can find something that appeals to them. We’re sure you will find something to love about what Sparke Helmore has to offer.
- Competitive remuneration
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Career Development Program
- Access to highly regarded leaders and mentors
- Paid parental leave
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Imbedded culture of Flexibility
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
Applications close at 5:00pm on 11 April 2021.
To read more about the firm or our specific Practice Groups, please visit our website.
To gain a better insight into our National Graduate program please take the time to watch our Graduate video below
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
To apply for this job please visit fsr.cvmail.com.au.