Payfort Saudi LLC
Amazon Payment Services, established in 2013, a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC and Levant countries. Payfort is present in the UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar focused to build a robust execution and management process for driving the best payment experience on & off Amazon.
The Risk, Underwriting and Compliance (“RUC”) team plays a critical role in Amazon Payment Services, responsible for ensuring compliance with the high standards set by Amazon and the Acquiring Banks. RUC team responsibility to conduct KYC (know your customer), AML (Anti-Money Laundering), CFT (Countering the Financing of Terrorism), Sanctions and other compliance checks as part of the merchant onboarding process and periodic KYC and Re-underwriting. This ensures that Amazon Payment Services partners with the right businesses, minimize organizational risk or liability, while retaining a nimble approach to the merchant onboarding journey and ensuring a positive customer experience.
We are in search of Merchant Underwriting Manager to drive Re-Underwriting Program for existing merchant of Amazon Payment Services portfolio. The position is responsible for performing regular refreshes of merchants’ KYC documents and information, conduct CDD/EDD “Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence” checks, Operate within the guidelines of internal compliance policy, regular monitoring of merchants business activity. You will interact closely with external merchants and internal teams – Risk, Legal, business, and other cross functional team. The ideal candidate should have a profound background in Underwriting, Risk Management or compliance operations with vast knowledge and understanding of AML, KYC, CDD/EDD “Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence”, Sanction and other Compliance checks. Experience in the payments, finance or banking industry is required. Enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment and maintain effective relationship with co-workers and other business contacts, must be highly analytical, detail oriented and well organized.
- Collect KYC-related documentation from merchants, validate merchant information, documentation and able to identify forged documents.
- Responsible conduct an effective due diligence analysis on business background, operations, understand the risks involved with various business models and apply enhanced due diligence for high-risk business types.
- Conduct an in depth review on merchant’s eCommerce websites ensure to the merchant’s business is not among prohibited categories or selling any products that are prohibited as per card scheme, acquirer and jurisdictional regulations.
- Ensure all websites have terms and conditions, policies, and contact information in place that are compliant with acceptable standards.
- Identify fraudulent merchant applications through analysis and utilizing internal and external underwriting tools.
- Identify merchants that are considered to be illegal or that may be prone to high levels of financial risk and liability.
- Provide timely and clear response to merchant queries and concerns. Manage real-time support, communication, escalation, reporting, and root cause analysis of underwriting issues that impact the merchant experience
- Provide status reports, analytical insights and be the focal point and the center of knowledge for the underwriting process.
- Participate in team planning activities and develop existing policies / SOPs , Drive process improvements and enforce quality processes
- – Assist the team maintain communication with Legal department to keep track of legal changes and regulatory monitoring to ensure compliance with local and regional jurisdictions.
- Merchant Underwriting Manager relies on excellent judgment to plan and accomplish operational goals, working under very limited supervision. Excellent individual problem-solving and analytical skills are used to review complex merchant applications.
Good knowledge of sanctions screening tools like Lexis Nexis, World Compliance etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.