Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Senior Category Coordinator Specialist
The Senior Category Coordinator Specialist oversees the overall external expenditures within Clinical or Non- clinical categories.
He/she ensures best possible suppliers are selected providing optimal value for required level of service and quality.
Supports internal collaboration, knowledge sharing, compliance with best practices and category management process and policies.
Supports negotiations of strategic contracts, management of strategic supplier and internal relationships.
Manages category management teams and monitors procurement performance against targets.
Responsible for supporting Senior Director Supply Chain Management to formulate and drive high-level procurement strategy and ensuring this is implemented at category level by category management teams.
Facilitates achievement and exceeding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department.
The Senior Category Coordinator Specialist provides leadership, vision and direction that is aligned with JHAH’s goals and objectives. He/she champions the strategic sourcing process for all externally purchased goods and services, integrates procurement standards and activities within JHAH, manages high-level relationships with internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers and is responsible for establishing and delivering upon annual service level and savings targets for the organization.
The Senior Category Coordinator Specialist reports to the Senior Director Supply Chain Management
Internal interactions :
- Regularly with Lead Category Management to ensure smooth operations and monitor division performance
- regularly with Senior Director Supply Chain Management to define strategy, business plan and report division performance
- regularly with Director Purchasing, Head of CoE, Head of Material handling to align on procurement strategy/direction
- ad hoc with end users, medical, clinical and non-clinical staff to align procurement strategies to business needs
- ad hoc with finance and legal department including budgeting and compliance requirements
- ad hoc with strategic suppliers to support competitive events, define collaborative activities, troubleshooting issues
- ad hoc with external partners
Roles include but are not limited to:
- Support and advise Senior Director Supply Chain Management in formulating JHAH’s long-term procurement strategy and ensuring strong linkage with corporate strategy, to ensure alignment and contribution of procurement to overall corporate goals and vision.
- Ensure strategic objectives are developed, executed and reported against to JHAH executive leadership.
- Carry out rigorous research and analysis to formulate a long term view on key spend categories for JHAH and how to get maximum value out of supplier relationships in the long-term for key areas such as security of supply, cost effectiveness and forging stronger linkages with the supplier market. Work closely with sourcing teams to formulate these views.
- Support and advise Senior Director Supply Chain Management in formulating and driving strategic intent for areas such as procurement organizational alignment, alliancing / partnering opportunities with key suppliers, knowledge and technology management, capability development for procurement resources, etc
- Assist in driving synergies for enhancement of cross functional capability building
- Support senior management in formulating, communicating and cascading aspects of procurement strategy (short-term and medium-term) across the organization
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the category management department.
- Ensure effective external spend management through a complete category management policy in place and communicated to organization, category sourcing plan in place, contracts in place for all standard categories.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the demand forecast process and the implementation of forecasting activities in the defined forecasting cycles.
- Ensure the effective and transparent selection of suppliers, in terms of total value to the organization, as well as appropriate risk management.
- Ensure effective and appropriate performance and relationship management of JHAH’s suppliers.
- Identify critical suppliers, define supplier risks and ensure business continuity planning in terms of the identified risks.
- Manage the stability of supplier relationships, as needed, to achieve JHAH’s goals.
- Lead the development of the category management concept across Clinical/ Non-clinical areas and ensure usage of concepts.
- Facilitate the development of technical expertise within the unit and keep abreast of technical developments.
- Create and build partnerships with various internal and external stakeholders in support of the execution of the function.
- Drive innovation within the department.
- Assist in periodically reviewing and assessing data collation and integration methodologies to streamline the process and enhance efficient consolidation.
- Take precautionary measures to prevent unauthorized, wasteful and fruitless expenditure.
Principal Duties (cont’d)
- Support and assist Senior Director Supply Chain Management, Head of CoE and HR in formulating and updating all key policies, procedures and guidelines related to key areas of focus within category management (demand planning, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, etc.)
- Seek inputs from and work closely with category management teams whilst preparing new or revising existing policies, procedures and guidelines
- Cascade new / revised policies in the organization to ensure common and correct understanding and application of policies
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters / MBA or equivalent business background preferred
- 10+ years of related experience including 5+ years of category-specific experience.
- Experience in category management, strategic sourcing, pricing and contract negotiations; should have negotiation aptitude.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body would be an added advantage
- Financial and analytical acumen.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including international communications
- Strong supplier relationship development and industry experience preferred.
- Proven experience in negotiating with suppliers for high value contracts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as a decision maker.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with contract terms and conditions. Knowledge of Middle Eastern or KSA contracting / legal requirements a plus.
- Experience with multiple information systems and / or databases.
- Enterprise Resource Planning system experience (specifically SAP) is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Powerpoint. Basic functionality in Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Spoken English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jhah.com.