The Home Health Physiotherapist provides comprehensive physiotherapy care in the community setting that assists patients to achieve optimum health and quality of life in situations of chronic disease.
The Home Care Physiotherapist is responsible for the provision and management of effective Physiotherapy care to individuals and/or families in the community or in Patient Support Programs. The Home Care Physiotherapist works in adherence with the Policies and Procedures set by Axios International and works in accordance with established standards of Physiotherapy practices according to local and international rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service Responsibilities
Based on the agreed upon services and workflow, the Home Health Physiotherapist provides skilled Physiotherapy services in accordance with the orders of a physician and under a plan of care. Duties include but not limited to:
- Assessing a patient physical condition to diagnose musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiothoracic conditions whom suffering from a physical disability due to injury, disease, or surgery in a home care environment.
- Evaluates patient need for physiotherapy suffering from a physical disability due to injury, disease, or surgery in a home care environment.
- Establishes tailored treatment plans and treats patients using a variety of methods, including exercises, stretching manoeuvres, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients’ pain and help them increase their mobility with ultimate goal to improve their quality of life.
- Working with patients with a variety of conditions, sometimes over a period of weeks or months.
- Familiarity with physiotherapy equipment such as (heat packs, ice packs, exercise (gym) equipment and ultrasound and electrotherapy technologies) and ability to provide Physiotherapy assessments to patients.
- Physiotherapy Telephone follow up consultation.
- Knowledge about physiotherapy related to chronic disease, post will be added value but not a must.
- Supervision/Self-teaching and support for family and caregivers related to Physiotherapy.
- Reporting Adverse Events and follow the country rules and regulation regarding AE reporting procedure, and reporting any concerns /changes in patient health to the program and/or treating physician.
- keeping reports on patients and their progress.
- To maintain and develop current knowledge of evidence based/best practice in the Physiotherapy.
- Developing rapport with patient to build a relationship of trust and mutual respect.
- Creating a safe and relaxed environment where patient feel comfortable.
2. Organizational Responsibilities
- Reflecting and interpreting the Axios Vision, Mission and Core Values in his/her own work with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation and company Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Developing and maintaining respectful, cooperative working relationships to contribute to the integrated, seamless delivery of services to patients, families and to our clients.
- Understanding his/her role and responsibility in maintaining a safe workplace and reducing workplace injuries.
- Effectively assisting the Program Managers in managing the Patient Support Program(s) by liaising with hospitals, distributors, pharmacies, and patients.
- Working closely with the Axios Saudi Arabiastaff to implement the required service(s) for the enrolled patients in the program(s).
- Carrying out home visits for patient care as required.
- Preparing timely monitoring reports (monthly) with patient numbers and logistics as well as quality assurance reports (quarterly) for internal review. This includes monitoring . and tracking patient files in collaboration with Axios Saudi Arabia staff in “real time” as patients proceed through the program.
- Maintaining and updating electronic program files, including patient and quality assurance data.
- Conducting administrative duties for the office.
- Work closely with Program Managers in Saudi Arabia and other team members in the Axios group.
- Application of job Knowledge.
- Concern for Order and Quality.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
Educational Background and Experience
- A BS Degree in Physiotherapy or sports is required.
- At least 2 years working experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must provide evidence of local health authority license or eligibility letter.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Demonstrate clinical physiotherapy knowledge and experience in providing direct patient care.
- The position will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Frequent travel within Riyadh, Saudi Arabia will be required
- Flexibility in working hours is essential
- Must be certified in CPR and/or First Aid course certificate
- He/she must provide Good Standing Certificate not older than 6 months.
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.