Richmond Olympic Oval
Your core responsibilities and work performed:
- Responsible as assigned for maintaining and operating the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responds to service calls and liaises with internal, external and partner stakeholders as required and/or assigned.
- Performs safe operation and system checks of refrigeration and mechanical systems.
- Performs ice, machine and facility maintenance, conversions, custodial, multi-department support, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to ensure that all work performed is done in a safe and responsible manner.
- Works under minimal supervision for routine matters and under guidance for new or complex assignments.
A day in the life of the Oval Operations Worker includes,
- Operates ice making equipment in a safe manner.
- Deals tactfully and courteously in all situations.
- Keeps accurate records, including, but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports.
- Performs janitorial duties and routine building/equipment maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with community groups, program partners and others to assess needs of the community and appropriate responses to the needs.
- Works / collaborates with staff to review and evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance routines.
- Assists in maintenance planning, coordination, mentoring and policy recommendations for the facility.
- Prepares various logs, reports and correspondence.
- Ensures that Health and Safety policies (as well as general operating & safety policies) are followed at all times.
- Uses computer applications as required.
- Respond to building issues in order to maintain a safe environment for staff and users.
- Prioritizing the work that has been assigned for the day and taking into account the issues that can arise during the shift.
- Regular checks to ensure that the facility and operational equipment is compliant with applicable regulatory requirements as directed by Technical Safety BC and/or WorkSafe BC..
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends
- Monitors and operates refrigeration ice plant when applicable
- Event conversions.
- Safe operation of vehicles and lifts
- Other duties as required.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Valid 4th Class, Refrigeration Operator or Ice Facility Operator Certificate issued by Technical Safety BC. Note, preference will be provided to applicants who hold a 4th Class or Refrigeration Operator certificate.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of ice making and building maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining DDC systems for HVAC and Refrigeration.
- Sound understanding of proper use of materials and equipment related to custodial duties.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Accurate keeper of records and information.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Some experience working with high performance athletes and local sporting organizations.
- Proficent computer Skills
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Valid Standard First Aid and AED Certification is an asset.
- Trade Ticket(s) are an asset.
- BSW Ticket an asset.
- WHIMIS training is an asset.
- Valid forklift and boom lift operators certificate is an asset.
- Must be able to complete and maintain a successful Criminal Record Check
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Oval membership, discounts and access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum.
- Collaborative and fun team environment.
- Excellent extended Health and Dental plan
- Health Spending Account (Personal)
- Municipal Pension Plan
Position Type: Fulltime
Application Closing Date: May 6, 2021
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are passionate, motivated and ready to inspire excellence, then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit richmondoval.hiringplatform.ca.