Job Posting End Date
We are looking to appoint an experienced Construction Manager to oversee construction projects from conception to completion in our minor civils department within our Infrastructure Services business. Based in Adelaide and reporting to the Department Manager, you will be working within a well-established team and coordinate construction activities to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard and quality.
As the Construction Manager, you will build on our strong relationships across both government and private clients within the South Australian market. You will lead and develop your project delivery team and engineers to deliver the safest and highest quality civil projects across South Australia.
- Coordinate construction activities of civil earthworks, roadworks, structures and drainage projects from $200k to $10m.
- Ensure Systems of Work are implemented through SWMS, Special Processes and Corrective Actions.
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced taking into consideration project complexity, client requirements and budget constraints.
- Recommend/ Approve award of subcontract packages, ensuring best value through appropriate scoping, commercial conditions and subcontractor selection.
- Review and analyse project programs to assess performance against the contract program and ensure mitigation measures are implemented as required.
- Understand the application of the EBAs and ensure site compliance.
- Clearly establish and manage performance expectations and ensure team members understand their roles and responsibilities.
You will have previous experience in managing projects and ensuring contractual obligations are met, maintaining positive client relationships. Your ability to show initiative to identify and address issues before they arise, with the aptitude and flexibility for taking on new challenges will set you up for success. Your analytic ability in cost control, reviewing monthly project forecasts and interrogating forecasting costs to complete as required will also be crucial to your success in the role. Ideally, you will have a Degree in Engineering or proven experience in similar construction management roles.
Fulton Hogan Philosophy
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We’re committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our ‘Good Work’ culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life’s priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit fultonhogan.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.