Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
The position provides support and assistance as directed to the Marketing & Communications Unit. Responsible, under the general direction of the Manager of the Marketing & Communications Unit, for the production (research, writing, graphics, and design) of a wide variety of communications collateral such as intranet content, articles, newsletters, presentations, talking points, reports, key message documents, announcements, press releases, and web/video scripts.
The Communications Professional will perform editorial tasks for print publications. Manage materials for consistency and adherence to brand standards, including merchandise, stationery and email and print templates. Responsible for the generation of work, both on assignment and of their own initiative. Output will include, but not be limited, to: articles for a readership of English/Arabic-speaking patients, employees, shareholders, Ministry of Health, and potential new hires. Work is performed with a minimum of supervision, and they are expected to produce complete, researched, cleared content requiring few if any changes.
Internally, the specialist will be in contact with hospital staff and C-suite, externally with key stakeholders
- Writes articles on JHAH services, enhancements, operations and projects, often consulting with subject matter specialists.
- Writes special diversified stories, conducting interviews and researching subject matter to develop information, as necessary.
- Edits news items, features and columns written by staff or contributors by checking for errors; or as assigned edits material submitted by other departments intended for presentation or distribution both within and outside the JHAH community.
- Selects photographs to accompany news stories and features, considering possible Government, shareholder and public objection to pictures; writes captions.
- Originates material, updates/edits booklets and brochures used by JHAH departments as required. These include benefits pamphlets, recruitment brochures, training booklets and others.
- Keeps informed of JHAH and local projects and activity through personal contacts, the Partner Contribution Agreement updates, Highlights and HR, etc.,
- Consult with business leaders, project managers and subject matter experts to determine communication needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Technical/Professional writing, or a related field.
Must have minimum 5 years’ experience working in journalism, media, communications or a relevant role.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Must be highly proficient in written and spoken English, particularly as related to the requirements of content creation.
- Perceptive in handling matters of a confidential nature; a working knowledge of media processes
- Cultural awareness of local sensitivities so as to avoid controversy and offensiveness.
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.