We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Responsibilities includes processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The job holder will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
- Researches, selects and purchases quality products and materials.
- Builds relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Processes requisitions and updates management on status of orders.
- Updates inventory and ensures that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arranges transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyzes market trends and applies this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinates with inventory team, management, and warehouse as required.
- Assesses quality of stock received and escalates any discrepancies to suppliers and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Relevant experience preferred especially from an Industrial Manufacturing
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in appropriate software – ERP System (such as Oracle, SAP)
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (in ENGLISH, Arabic preferred)
The job holder should be analytically minded and possesses excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit careers.zamil.com.