Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
This is a temporary position expected to be approximately 3 months.
- Overall duty of this position is to provide Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable support in the reconciliation and payment of vendor invoices. The AP/AR Administrator provides superior customer service and professional corporate representation to both internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces accurate invoicing by verifying job information including rates, timesheets and expenses.
- Reviews project reports to ensure all hours and expenses are invoiced.
- Assists with month-end Accounts Receivable reconciliation by ensuring monthly deadlines are met and monthly accruals are correct.
- Provides input in the creation of job initiation sheets.
- Audits all client information received including client signatures.
- Ensures client issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Composes various AR correspondence such as emails, spreadsheets and other documentation as required.
- Creates AR files for all clients.
- Reviews, reconciles and processes invoices.
- Issues purchase orders and maintains outstanding purchase order logs.
- Resolves any payment discrepancies including communicating with vendors as required.
- Ensures scheduled cheque runs are printed in an accurate and timely fashion including matching cheques to invoices for payments.
- Prepares month and year end reporting on outstanding invoices.
- Maintains vendor files and records.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus RTD Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound knowledge of standard Canadian Accounting Practices.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus RTD. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues and finding a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
Education and Work Experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Business, Office Administration or Accounting from an accredited College or University.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting, preferably Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable.
- Equivalent industry experience combined with other formal training and accreditations may be accepted.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work inside an office environment, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The work is primarily sedentary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work outside of normal business hours will be occasionally required.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
To apply for this job please visit canadacareers-applus.icims.com.